Dental implants are one of the most sought after dental treatment to restore function and aesthetics. Burpengary Dental is one of the leading practices in the Moreton Bay area that offers this service.
- Dental implants replace one or more missing teeth
- It restores oral functions such as eating and speech
- It is aesthetically pleasing and acceptable
- If proper care and maintenance is done, dental implants could last for a lifetime
- Only quality TGA approved dental implants are placed at Burpengary Dental!
Dental Implant Process
Why do I need a dental implant?
Here at Burpengary Dental, dental implants are done to:
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Restore function such as eating and speech
- Improve aesthetics
What are the dental implants placed at Burpengary Dental made of?
At Burpengary Dental, only the finest and best quality materials are used.The implant, similar to a screw, is made of titanium and/or titanium alloy which has been extensively tested and trialled to be biocompatible and accepted by the human body. This particular metal, when placed in the appropriate conditions, will fuse to natural bone tissue through a process called ‘osseointegration’, thus forming a very stable and secure tooth, similar to that of a natural tooth.
A crown is attached to the implant on something called an ‘abutment’. The abutment can be made of a variety of materials including metal alloys, ceramic or zirconia. The crown is often a tooth-coloured material made from ceramic, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. All of these options will allow your dental implant to appear like a natural tooth in the mouth.
How long would dental implants last?
With proper care and maintenance and absence of any systemic disease, the longevity of dental implants made by Burpengary Dental could last up to 10 years or more.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure takes around six to nine months depending on the response of the patient to the treatment.
Can I get a dental implant?
At Burpengary Dental, we offer dental implants for patients who have lost one or more tooth. You will be a good candidate for implants if you have:
- good oral hygiene for long term maintenance
- adequate bone for support
- a healthy periodontium
- no systemic or medical diseases
- no social problems such as smoking
What are the complications involved with dental implants?
Despite the best efforts of the dentists at Burpengary Dental there is still a chance of failure. Failures in dental implants involve:
- Peri-implantitis or inflammation of the gingiva around the implants. This occurs when patients do not maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Implant or prothesis failure is when a part (example the crown) or the whole (prosthesis plus implants) fail. This occurs if the patient has oral habits such as tooth grinding and bruxism.
- Abutment screw failure occurs when the patient experiences any medical problems and bone failure.